It is also called as hordeolum.It is caused by bacteria Staphylococcus aureus which results in sores in eyelids.Its an infection of the sebaceous glands of Zeis at the base of the eyelashes, or an infection of the apocrine sweat glands of Moll.Styes will dry within a week and are not that harmful.
Signs and Symptoms:
A RedBunp is developed in the eye due to Styes, some of the symptoms are watery eyes, pain, tenderness, itching, or redness,sensitivity to light,burning in the eye,discomfort during blinking of eyes.
- Apply warm compresses for every 20 minutes of interval in the day until stye dries on its own.
- Eye drops and antibiotic ointments prescribed by doctor can give you relief from styes.
- Wash the infected area with boric acid and pure water.
- Do not puncture the stye let it be dried on its own,the condition can be worsened if you puncture it.
- If you do not get rid of stye with medical treatments consult a doctor for surgery.
- If you are having contact lenses then do not wear them,just avoid them still you get rid of styes.
- Never share your cosmetic tools and keep your eye tools clean .
- Maintain proper eye hygiene.
- Its good if you keep a warm cloth daily for 2-3 minutes on the eyelids to prevent the blockage of oil in the eye glands.
- Wash your hands before you touch ares around eyes.
- Wash your face in regular intervals of time.
- Avoid eye makeup.